Get the “Perfect Smile” You’ve Always Wanted with Porcelain Veneers
By Rajal Patel DDS — Orange, New Jersey Dentist
Do you have teeth that are stained, chipped or crooked?Do you want a smile that you will be proud to show people?
Porcelain Veneers may be the answer for you. Porcelain Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth-shaped porcelain that are custom made (matching shape and color) by a professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
Before and After Porcelain Veneers:
Reasons for Porcelain Veneers:
- Creating a beautiful smile with uniform, straight white teeth
- Straightening crooked teeth
- Fixing misshapen teeth
- Whitening severely discolored or stained teeth
- Re-sizing teeth that are too small or large
- Eliminating unwanted or uneven spaces
- Repairing worn or chipped teeth
How Porcelain Veneers Work:
The complete porcelain veneer process usually requires two visits. This is a painless procedure with little or no anesthesia required during the treatment.
- The teeth are prepared by lightly buffing and shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer.
- A mold or impression of the teeth is taken and a shade (color) will then be chosen by you and the dentist.
- On the second visit the teeth will be cleansed with special liquids to achieve a durable bond.
- Bonding cement is then placed between the tooth and veneer and a special light beam is used to harden and set the bond.
- You will receive care instructions for veneers. Proper brushing, flossing and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new veneers.